Multiple studies have affirmed that testosterone replacement therapy, when provided by a licensed, experienced medical doctor, offers numerous benefits.
It is important however, to understand that these studies only focus on testosterone administered by a licensed physician, such as Dr. Gary Bellman, a Board-Certified Urologist and Anti-Aging Specialist.
Here’s a look at results from various studies, which reveal the benefits of medically supervised testosterone therapy for men.
- Testosterone treatment for men age 65+, which brought testosterone levels back up to that of average levels of 19–40-year-old men resulted in improved sexual function, improved mood, and reduced depressive symptoms. (New England Journal of Medicine).
- Testosterone treatment has been shown to consistently increase muscle mass and decrease fat mass in men 65+. (New England Journal of Medicine)
- After receiving testosterone therapy consistently, men in the study had lowered triglycerides, glucose levels, and mean arterial pressure dropped significantly. Waist circumference (size) also decreased by 11 cm/ 4.3 inches. (German study presented at American Urological Association)
- Obese men with low levels of testosterone (hypogonadism) given testosterone therapy lost an average of 51 lbs., compared to those who did not receive testosterone therapy. Those who did not receive testosterone therapy had a weight gain of 13 lbs. (Study presented at the European and International Congress on Obesity)
- 22% of men with Type 2 diabetes and obesity who were given testosterone therapy achieved diabetes remission. (Australian study presented at American Diabetes Association Scientific Sessions).
Although testosterone replacement therapy may be best known for helping to increase libido (sex drive), or improving sexual performance (sustaining an erection); it is clear that testosterone therapy has many promising applications in men’s health.
At the Male Anti-Aging Institute, Dr. Gary Bellman provides testing to confirm suspected cases of Low-T. If your testosterone levels are low, you may be a candidate for medically supervised testosterone therapy.
Low testosterone in men has been linked to:
- Body hair loss
- Decrease in muscle mass
- Depressed mood
- Difficulty maintaining an erection
- Increase in fat
- Lack of energy
- Reduced sex drive
If you’re experiencing signs and symptoms of low testosterone, contact the Male Anti-Aging Institute today to schedule an appointment with Board-Certified Urologist and Anti-Aging Specialist Dr. Gary Bellman today.
His friendly team can be reached at 818-912-1899.